Samsung Learn & Earn
The Samsung Learn & Earn platform allows Samsung to easily incentivise and reward their Retail Sales People (RSPs) for participating in training events and retaining knowledge.
The Samsung Home Appliance Division in Australia sells a range of electrical goods such as washing machines, dryers, TV, audio, and vacuums. These products are primarily sold through retail stores including Harvey Norman, Good Guys, JB-HiFi, BettaGroup, BingLee and Myer.
There are approximately 6000 retail salespeople employed throughout these retail stores in Australia.
Samsung recognised that by training the front line sales staff with product knowledge, they sell more products.
They therefore sought a rewards platform that integrated the various aspects of the Samsung Home Appliance Division’s training provided to Retail Salesperson (RSP’s).
Samsung wanted the system to be a simple and fun hub for earning and redeeming points in exchange for merchandise and entries into raffles.
With a custom-built training app, Samsung Home Appliance Division aimed to:
- Improve the knowledge base of their RSP’s with a user-friendly and engaging mobile training application
- Convert more sales due to higher staff competency
- Improve the attendance of RSP training
- Improve the quality of their training offering
- Measure trainer and RSP performance
Samsung Learn & Earn
Stamp Loyalty developed the Samsung Learn & Earn platform, which operates on two different native mobile apps - one for RSPs and the other for Samsung Training staff.
The Learn & Earn platform allows Samsung to easily manage training events, measure and reward knowledge retention and track trainer performance.
In order to track in-person attendance at training events, RSP's present their unique membership QR code (on the RSP app) for trainers to scan (through the Trainer app). Points are then automatically issued to the RSP’s account.
The retail staff can either win instant prizes or redeem their points in exchange for Samsung merchandise or entries into raffles to win gift cards from third-party brands. Stamp Loyalty handles the fulfilment of both the physical merchandise and digital vouchers.
RSP app overview
- Enrol in training events
- View points
- Membership code to display at events
- Redeem points for rewards (Samsung merchandise or entries into raffles to win gift cards from third-party brands)
- View leaderboard performance
- Complete quizzes and surveys
- Chatbot (Samsung Dash provides quick access to product information to RSPs)
Trainer app overview
- Create training events (select topics)
- Validate event attendance
- View event attendees
- Send post-event quizzes
After attending training sessions, RSPs are sent post-event quizzes and surveys to measure knowledge retention. The questionnaires are in the form of a simple pop-up scratch cards, making it a fun experience for the RSP.
Within 12 months of launching the apps Samsung found that:
- Over 90% of Nationwide RSP's registered on platform
- It was used for all in-store, product launch events and online events
- Participation in training events significantly increased
- Knowledge retention thanks to post-event quizzes and gamification increased
- Salesperson training could be carried out much more easily and frequently
- They experienced significant administration and operational cost savings
Stamp Loyalty are the most work-working, client-centric team out there!
e-Learning Platform Manager, Samsung Australia
Looking for a custom loyalty or reward solution?
Talk to us about a loyalty or rewards solution for your brand today.